Linde – Technicians and Engineers
Instrument and Electrical Technician
Whiting, IN, United States
The Linde Instrument & Electrical Technician provides planning and onsite support to the Whiting, IN site, with a strong focus on critical safety systems and system reliability. On occasion this role will be asked to support other facilities within the region during turnarounds, projects, and Major maintenance activities. This is a clean worksite, no refining!
The Linde Instrument & Electrical Technician will:
- Perform calibrations, troubleshooting, repairs, and instrumentation installations as required.
- Process analytical equipment calibration, maintenance & troubleshooting which includes: O2, N2, Sulfur, Thermal Conductivity, Gas Chromatograph & Electrolytic process analyzers.
- Maintains operating and maintenance history for all equipment as may be required.
- Troubleshooting, calibration and maintenance of pneumatic and electronic analog and digital process control instrumentation.
- Troubleshoot/repair Predictive program instrumentation and document instrumentation repair history in the CMMS system and required by site specific documentation.
- Troubleshoot systems utilizing control logic drawings as they relate to process control.
- Troubleshoot, maintenance and minor repair of low voltage electrical systems (600VAC and below).
- Will include startup / shutdown and operations of process plant equipment
- Process analytical equipment calibration and maintenance which includes: Thermal Conductivity, Gas Chromatograph, Electrolytic process analyzers.
- Schedule and perform activities related to the operation and maintenance of electrical and electronic control systems, pneumatics, instrumentation, control valves, motor control systems, low voltage electrical distribution, computer interfaces, and analytical equipment.
- Automatic control valve troubleshooting, maintenance and repair.
- Ensure spare parts are available or replaced when used/installed.
- Maintain a high degree of personal safety and environmental awareness.
- Required to climb ladders, stairways and operate man-lifts for elevated instrumentation and control valve maintenance.
- Instructs contract personnel on safety rules and regulations and maintains constant surveillance to assure their compliance at all times.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associates in Applied Sciences Degree or equivalent apprenticeship preferred.
- 5 years related experience in process control instrumentation
- Proficiency with a variety of I/E hand tools meters, instrument calibration equipment etc.
- Working knowledge of electricity, electrical systems and motors.
- Can read and understand P&ID's and schematic wiring diagrams.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Written and oral communication skills
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2021 sales of $31 billion (€26 billion). We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit www.linde.com.