Instrumentation & Calibration Technician
The Instrumentation & Electrical (I/E) Technician will provide planning and onsite support to the Whiting, IN site, with a strong focus on critical safety systems and system reliability. On occasion this role will be asked to support other facilities within the region during turnarounds, projects, and major maintenance activities.
Some responsibilities will include:
• Perform calibrations, troubleshooting, repairs, and instrumentation installations as required.
• Perform all the administrative and reporting tasks of the position, including:
i. Maintaining operating and maintenance history for all equipment as may be required.
ii. Preparing and maintaining documentation such as EAM/Procal work orders, service reports and equipment calibration records as required by LINDE I/E CMMS maintenance database system.
• Troubleshooting, calibration and maintenance of pneumatic and electronic analog and digital process control instrumentation.
• Troubleshoot/repair Predictive program instrumentation and document instrumentation repair history in the CMMS system and required by site specific documentation.
• Troubleshoot systems utilizing control logic drawings as they relate to process control.
• Troubleshoot, maintenance and minor repair of low voltage electrical systems (600VAC and below).
• Will include startup/shutdown and operations of process plant equipment.
• Process analytical equipment calibration and maintenance which may include: Thermal Conductivity, Gas Chromatograph, Electrolytic process analyzers.
• Schedule and perform activities related to the operation and maintenance of electrical and electronic control systems, pneumatics, instrumentation, control valves, motor control systems, low voltage electrical distribution, computer interfaces, and analytical equipment.
• Automatic control valve troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair.
• Ensure spare parts are available or replaced when used/installed.
• Maintain a high degree of personal safety and environmental awareness.
• You will be required to climb ladders, stairways and operate man-lifts for elevated instrumentation and control valve maintenance.
• Instruct contract personnel on safety rules and regulations and always maintain constant surveillance to assure their compliance.
• High school diploma or equivalent is required
• Associate's in Applied Sciences Degree or equivalent apprenticeship preferred
• 5 years related experience in process control instrumentation
• Proficiency with a variety of I/E hand tools, meters, instrument calibration equipment etc.
• Working knowledge of electricity, electrical systems and motors
• Can read and understand P&ID's and schematic wiring diagrams
• Strong organization and planning skills
• Strong computer skills
• Written and oral communication skills
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2019 sales of $28 billion (€25 billion). We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.